Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Interview with Brandon Vanlalremdika




Questions with Answers:

1. You have been part of RoundGlass Punjab FC’s I-League winning side. How was your overall experience of the season?
A – It was an amazing experience to win the league. On a personal level, I had a great team with excellent teammates, a great coach, and brilliant backroom staff. I was able to contribute towards the team’s success and by god’s grace, we were eventually crowned the champions of I-League 2022-23.

2. How was your experience under Greek head coach Staikos Vergetis? What major differences could you see in his style/philosophy from your previous coaches?
A – I had a great season playing under coach Staikos and, together, we experienced a historic I-League season. Though his approach was similar to the coaches I have previously played under, he always put emphasis on building his team as per the strengths of the players. This, in return, allowed us to express ourselves the best on the ground and get the desired results for the club.

3. You had an unbeaten streak on your home ground. How much of an impact did it make in the title-winning run?
A – The unbeaten home run was sort of a boost in confidence for us. In I-League, you have to play on different grounds and conditions, which brings a unique set of challenges for the teams. From the first game itself, we felt very confident to play on our home turf and we could continue this till the end of the season. This was a collective effort, and it really helped us clinch the I-League title.

4. RoundGlass Punjab FC had a core of northeastern (Mizo) players who played a crucial role in winning the league. What do you have to say about the Mizo players’ growth in the last decade or so?
A – The number and relevance of Mizo players in the I-League or ISL have been gradually increasing for a decade or so. But I believe we are still growing and have a lot of untapped potential in the state. In RoundGlass Punjab FC, along with Mizo players we had many other north-eastern players who contributed to the title challenge. And I believe, together, we can do a lot to uplift football in the region.

5. You have been one of the talented players coming out of Mizoram and there has been an immense rise in the footballing culture of the state in recent years. What difference could you see between the players of your generation and the upcoming batches?
A – The major difference that I can see is that we came up as kids who just loved the game of football, enjoyed playing with friends and later decided to take the sport professionally. Whereas the upcoming kids are exposed to better training and infrastructure from a very early age, and I am sure they will be able to achieve much more than us.

6. You have previously won the I-League with Aizawl FC. How different is the league win with RoundGlass Punjab FC compared to the last one?
A – When I won the I-League with Aizawl FC back in 2017, people used to say that the team won by luck or consider the team fortunate enough to get some wins. But with RoundGlass Punjab FC winning the I-League this season, I have proved to those critics that the 2017 win wasn’t a fluke and that I am still capable of helping a team chase its dream and lift the trophy.

7. During this off-season, how are you keeping yourself in shape and how are you preparing for the next season, both mentally and physically?
A – I have been training on my own during this off-season; not at the same intensity but to keep myself in good shape so that I can be a better version of myself the next season, both mentally and physically.

8. With this I-league win, you have gained promotion to the next season of the Indian Super League. How excited are you for the next challenge?
A – This has been a historic season for us, winning the league and becoming the first team ever to gain promotion. After many years, people will look back and acknowledge us as the team from Punjab which had achieved such a feat and I take immense pride in being a part of this team. I look forward to the challenges ahead and will be prepared to do my level best for the team.

9. RoundGlass Punjab FC faced the likes of Bengaluru FC and Kerala Blasters FC in the Hero Super Cup, and the results were not as desired. How do you think the team can improve for the ISL next season?
A – Yes, the results of the matches against the ISL sides were not as expected but our performance was at the same level as theirs. It was a good learning experience for us and now we know the areas that need more work to improve our performance. I believe we were at par in terms of technicality and tactics, if we can improve our mentality for such matches, we will get the desired results.

10. Finally, what will be your goals for the next season, both as a team and as an individual?
A – As a team, we will set our goals higher and try to win another championship. And on an individual level, I hope the next season will be my best one so far by god’s grace.

Post a Comment

0 Comments