Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

B G News ! Visually-impaired Asif eyes for World record at Tata Steel Kolkata 25K


Kolkata, December,2022 : Mohammed Asif Iqbal, who will compete in the forthcoming Tata Steel Kolkata 25K on December 18, will aim to become the first visually-impaired Indian-Asian runner to complete a distance of 25 km in the competition without any physical support.


“I had only 50% of my vision till I was 16 years of age and after that I lost it completely. But that didn’t stop me from targeting my goals. I have been running for the last five years in various races in Kolkata,” Asif said.

Asif, who resides in Salt Lake, will be accompanied by two of his friends during the run. His friends will be carrying a wireless speaker attached to their waists which will enable Asif to know the exact position of the buddy runners.

“I will be blind-folded and will be running without any physical support. My buddy runner will provide me with an audio description of the surroundings and that will help me to follow them and reach my target,” the 46-year-old, an Associate Director at PwC Consulting in Kolkata, said.

“I have participated in various races in Kolkata and will be competing in the Mumbai marathon in January. I have been fortunate to get every support from my family for this and I will not disappoint them,” he added.

Asif said an Asia Book of Records representative would be present during his effort at the TSK 25K.

“I will aim to complete my 25 Kms run within 3 hours 35 minutes. I have been practicing for a long time and now I hope results will be positive this time,” Asif signed off.

Post a Comment

0 Comments